Zucchini Oven Chips

Long time no see huh? Yeah I've been rubbish at this (now that I'm back in the UK for university I'm starting to pick up on their ridiculous words again haha no offense to anyone, I'm just trying to desperately stick to my international/american accent). So as you can tell I've been really busy, finishing up my job back in Geneva, packing for university and moving into my new house in England. It's been great though, seeing all my friends again as well as meeting new fascinating people :).

It will take a while for me to go through all the recipes I managed to do over the holidays but I've done some really exciting things. I'm really looking forward to sharing them with you so bear with me!

You know that urge you get to just snack on something while watching a movie... well if you ever have time beforehand, these are worth it.

Zucchini Oven Chips

Origin: Health
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes

Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 cup of grated parmesan
  • 1/4 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon of ground black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons of fat-free milk
  • 2 1/2 cups of zucchini slices (about half a centimeter / 1/4 inch thick)
  • Butter / Cooking spray (Not the biggest fan of it but use it if it's more convenient for you)

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven at 220°C / 425°F
  2. Coat an oven proof iron rack with butter or cooking spray, or use a baking sheet
  3. Combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt, garlic and pepper in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
  4. Place milk in a shallow bowl.
  5. Dip zucchini slices in milk and dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
  6. Place coated on the ovenproof wire rack.
  7. Bake for 30 minutes or until browned and crisp (I'd suggest to flip time half way as mine came didn't crisp up from the bottom) 
Enjoy! I know I did and you'll see they're worth it, you feel a lot better eating those than you're neighbor munching on chips.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author