Warm Green Bean Salad


I first made this that week my mother was away (free kitchen woo!) as I mentioned in some previous posts. Wanting to snack, I realized we had some green beans that were about to go past their expiration date (don't you hate those?). So I searched through the internet, desperately looking for a recipe that would satisfy the limited amount of ingredients I had at hand.

My sister was the victim to my food experimentation and she (kindly) never refused to try my food. She agreed with me that this recipe's a good one.

Warm Green Bean Salad

Origin: Ocado
Yield: 6 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:

  • 3 tbsp of sesame seeds
  • 450g of french beans, trimmed
  • 250g of mangetout (I know it is not seen on the picture but I didn't have any at the time so I just added more beans, but I've tried it with the mangetout and its even better)
  • 3 shallots, finely chopped
  • 1 garlic clove, chopped
  • 1 tbsp of soy sauce
  • 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil
  • 1/2 tbsp of clear honey
  • 2 1/2 cm of root ginger, grated (I used 1 tbsp of grated ginger)
  • 1 pinch of salt
  • 1 pinch of black pepper, freshly ground

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F)
  2. Place the sesame seeds on a roasting tray and roast for 8 minutes or until the seeds are nicely browned; watch closely as they can burn easily
  3. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to boil.
  4. Blanch the beans for 3 minutes
  5. Add the mangetout and blanch for another minute
  6. Drain the two in a colander and shake off excess water
  7. Combine all the remaining ingredients in a large serving bowl
  8. Add the beans and mangetout and toss well.
  9. Sprinkle with seeds and serve immediately


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author